Fascinating Facets & Crystal Caves
Main Street Atherton
Tel: (07) 4091 2365.
- The Fascinating Facets is a combination of gallery, jewellery store and rock shop that has been established since 1984.
- They stock Australian Opals, Gold Nuggets and Queensland Blue topaz.
- Jewellery, fossils and rocks are all visibly displayed, on shelves and in glass cabinets.
- They also stock crystal clusters, fossil specimens, jewellery, and semi-precious stone gifts.
- It is a store that will is appealing to all age groups. The staff are very friendly and willing to help in any way.
- The Crystal Caves is recognised as one of Australias best mineralogical museums, that displays its natural crystals, real fossils and mineral specimens in a fantasy land cave.
- Allow 1 hour to make your way through this exciting and creative display of amazing geological specimens.
- Cave visitors are fitted with helmets that are equipped with lights and a catalogue of the crystals to be seen in the underground cave. This is so that you can name and investigate the 100 odd crystals displayed.
- You are invited to touch everything within reach.
- No set time or guided tours are given through the caves, you can go at your own pace.
- There are disabled facilities throughout the complex.
- Remember to take your cameras and videos as these are allowed in the Caves.
Open 7 days a week.
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday 8:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
Feburary and first week in March.
Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
LAST CAVE VISITORS MUST ENTER NO LATER THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO CLOSING
Infants 0-4yrs: FREE
Children 4-14yrs: AUD$ 5.50
Pensioners: AUD$ 9.00