The Twin Kauris:
- These two magnificent trees are found 90m along a bituminised path originating
from the car park of the Lake
Barrine, Kiosk / Souvenir shop.
- The information about these trees is amazing.
- Their exact age has not been calculated but has been estimated at being in excess
of 1100 years.
- The lakes history has been studied by scientists and these studies have
shown that these two trees are the ancestors of Conifer Forest which dominated this area
of Queensland prior to the current rainforest. This ancient forest covered these parts
over 100 million years ago.
- There are more fascinating facts about these two trees at
How to get There:
- From The Chambers, follow the road past
- At the junction of
the two roads, one leads to Yungaburra and Atherton and the other is unmarked.
- Both of
these roads lead to the Gillies Highway which will take you to the turn off to Lake
Barrine and the Twin Kauris.
Twin Kauri's Photo