- Lake Eacham is an extinct volcanic crater lake filled with cool, clean, crystal
clear water, surrounded by 1200acres of lush tropical highland rainforest.
- The lake is
sixty five metres deep with a pontoon and children's pool available, offering excellent
- A large picnic area with plenty of covered wood and electric BBQ sites makes the
ideal for family outings.
- There is an excellent three kilometre rainforest walking track around the lake's
- A 700 metre self guided rainforest walking track leading from the National Parks
Headquarters on Mcleish Road to the lake itself.
- A one kilometre rainforest track to the Eacham Waterfalls offers exceptional
- For those who are not able to experience the walking tracks, there is a
beautiful rainforest drive that will take you through the World Heritage rainforest that
surrounds Lake Eacham.
- The National Parks and Wildlife Office for the Crater Lakes National Park is
situated at the rainforest edge on McLeish Road.
- The National Parks Office includes an
information centre which caters for people interested in learning more about the crater
lake history, rainforest ecology, birds and animals of the area.
- The most striking aspect of this particular crater lake is the peace and
serenity that accompany all it offers you.
- It is truly a magnificent and worthwhile